[AMRadio] The Replacement Mod for the D104

Geoff Edmonson w5omr at att.net
Sat Aug 28 19:00:22 EDT 2010

  On 08/28/2010 02:21 PM, Bob Macklin wrote:
> A properly designed preamp is not a problem. But the preamps used by the CB
> crowd leave a lot to be desired.

Some years ago, John/WA5BXO and Otis/K5SWK (or John got it for Otis, I
don't remember) purchased a number of JT-30 cartridges.  Ronnie/K5WLT
got a few of those, also.  From what I remember, they were -damn near-
the exact replacement element for the venerable D-104 head.

Todd; the 10-D A head was, indeed, a Dynamic head and worked -lots-
better with the pre-amp for lower impedance requiring rigs.

--
73 = Best RegardS,
-Geoff/W5OMR