[AMRadio] BC-348-R HFO Cover Needed

Ray Smith rrs4 at sti.net
Mon Feb 8 03:28:47 EST 2010

I picked up a very modified BC-348-R, S/N 12436.  It came with the 6AG7 in
the 1ST RF Amp socket.  Also, it had 3 small trimmer caps in a box
out-boarded on the front, to trim the tuning of the first 3 stages.
Additionally, it had a suicide style auto-former to deliver B+, and at the
same time a lethal shock between chassis and ground, should you roll the 2
wire 117 Volt AC plug.  I removed the auto-former and trimmers.  The main
tuning gears are also locked up.  They allow less than a single turn on the
Freq knob, with the tuning cap fully unmeshed, and I'll have some work to do
on this radio, just to get it working.

I need an HF oscillator cover, which is missing.  If anyone has a donor
parts chassis, I would like to buy this cover.  I only need the
(approximately) 5 inch by 2 ¼ inch cover for the HFO unit itself.  I have
the 2 inch by 2 ½ tube cover that attaches with a single knurled screw to
fill the hole in the HFO cover.

If you know anyone who will part with this cover, please let me know how to
reach him.  If not, here comes the double-sided copper clad PCB material.
The real aluminum cover would look a lot nicer, and be one less thing to
have to fabricate.

Thanks.
Ray Smith
KD6DKP