[AMRadio] BC-348-R HFO Cover Needed

Ray Smith rrs4 at sti.net
Tue Feb 9 00:08:34 EST 2010

Larry,

You are correct, it is a 6AC7.  I guess I was seeing things.

I thought I read an article in an old CQ about hot-rodding a BC-348 1st RF
with a 6AG7 (11000 umhos) but maybe it was the 6AC7 (9000 umhos) instead.
Either one far outshines the 6K7 with a transconductance of 1650 umhos.  I
think I have a 6K7 around, and it would be interesting to compare
sensitivity with one vs. the other, in the process of going back to the 6K7.

Ray