[AMRadio] sdr-iq

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Wed Feb 10 18:43:33 EST 2010

I have the sdr-iq and the flex 5000a, love them both.
I like winrad a bit better then spectraview, mostly because of the ecss
mode.
Both sound very good, the spectraview has always had much lower volume
levels but sounds fine.
Most of my listening is using headphones plugged into the Sony laptop.
CPU use is very low, under 10% surfing the web and doing email while
listening.
1.6 GHz dual core vista 32, very slow compared to the computer I run the
flex on.

The flex goes into a Marantz amp and a 3 way speaker with a 12 inch woofer,
or headphones.
I don't notice any difference between the radios.

Both radios sound as good or better than the hifi homebrew receivers I built
just for hifi AM.

Brett