[AMRadio] Comment from N0JEF

Carl Yaffey yaff at columbus.rr.com
Wed Feb 10 19:31:05 EST 2010

Check in to the AM net on the first Wednesday of the month on 3880. It's sponsored by the Collins Collectors Association. Very friendly!
Details here:  http://www.mail-archive.com/amradio@mailman.qth.net/msg24331.html

On Feb 10, 2010, at 7:02 PM, kj4djf at aol.com wrote:

> I read an article about AM use in the ham bands in a recent QST magazine and was intrigued.
>
> The article even gave the favorite AM freqs.  I have a 200 watt AM transciever so I wanted to give it a go on 80 meters.  Problem is, it seems noone even cares to listen to see if anyone wants to join in.  The people just short key it back and forth passing it between the click of regulars and never seem to open it up to see if anyone new wants to join in.
>
> Very frustrating.

Carl Yaffey  K8NU
Banjo, guitar, bass, mandolin, dobro lessons.
Pro Tools recording studio.
cyaffeyNO_SPAM at gmail.com
614 268 6353, Columbus OH
http://www.carl-yaffey.com