[AMRadio] ht20

Larry Szendrei ne1s at securespeed.us
Fri Feb 12 11:45:33 EST 2010

Jack Schrader wrote:
> I hope you remember me, Jack with the ht20.
>
> Got the ht20 hooked up and have god output in cw but not am. I hooked up a
> 100w 210v test light to the antenna output on the ht20 but when I speak into
> the mic on am the light gets dimmer not brighter. Any idea about that?
>
> Tnx    Jack

Possibilities:

1) audio out-of-phase
2) insufficient drive to grid of final
3) final not properly loaded
4) insufficient capacitance in filter of HV supply to final/modulators
5) improper impedance match in mod tranny

If after checking the obvious and it still occurs, just put it on the
air. I have one rig that does this but still sounds quite acceptable.
You can look deeper into it later, but have some fun with it in the mean
time...

Does the modulation envelope look OK on the scope?

73,
-Larry/NE1S