[AMRadio] Johnson Thunderbolt Amplifier

Mahlon Haunschild mahlonhaunschild at cox.net
Tue Jan 5 19:27:10 EST 2010

Bob,

It is definitely a pre-NEMA-standard twist-lock connector, rated for 15A
125/250V (hot-hot-neutral).  Note that there is no safety ground through
the connector, and the neutral is required for the T-bolt (but you knew
that) so you can't in theory safely replace everything with a  NEMA
L6-20 or similar.  The closest modern equivalent would be a NEMA L10-20
but you'd have to replace the chassis receptacle to do it and, in any
case, I have no idea if the shell size is small enough to fit into the
existing hole.  Plus I have no idea if anyone actually makes these.

OK, now that I've been around Robin Hood's barn on this, I do have one
that I can spare.  Please contact me off list.

regards,

Mahlon - K4OQ