[AMRadio] AM TRANSMITTER RALLY

Bry Carling bcarling at cfl.rr.com
Tue Jan 12 15:27:23 EST 2010

Hey John,

Have you found any other guys on 50.400 MHz down there yet?

We had a net on that frequency every Tuesday night here in Central FL
until about a year ago. They moved it to 50.3 MHz SSB - ugh!

It is kind of seasonal though, and you can still sometimes find
guys on 50.400 MHz AM.

There is a national calling frequency of 144.450 for 2m AM and
I know that is still active in a number of areas around the country too.
Most rigs use 8025 kHz crystals X 18 typically.

See you on the air when the tropo starts lifting things up this way!

73 - Brian, AF4K near Orlando

On 12 Jan 2010 at 20:20, jf4164 at yahoo.com wrote:

> Would love to but only have six and two meter AM. Old Heathkit gear.
> Oh well.
> John--WA4VPY--South Florida.

> Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>
> From: "Bry Carling" <bcarling at cfl.rr.com>
> Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:30:08 -0500
> To: <FLBOATANCHORS at yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [FLBOATANCHORS] AM TRANSMITTER RALLY
>                     Is anyone else on here planning to participate?
>
>                            On 9 Jan 2010 at 6:46, Bry Carling wrote:
>

> >Announcing the 2010 Amplitude Modulation Transmitter Rally
> >
> >Contest and Operating Event
> >
> > On the HF Amateur Bands (160 meters to 10 meters)
> >
> >Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:00 AM E.S.T.
> > to 2:00AM E.S.T. the following day.
> > The purpose of this event is to encourage the use of Amplitude
> >Modulation
> > on the Amateur Radio Bands, and to highlight various types of AM
> >equipment
> > in use today. This event is open to any and all radio amateurs who
> >are
> >running full carrier amplitude modulation (standard AM), and any
> > type of
> >equipment may be used.
> >
> >Commonly used AM Frequencies:
> >
> > 160 Meters: 1880-1885, 1930, 1945, 1975-1995.
> >
> > 80 Meters: 3730-3740, 3870-3885.
> >
> > 40 Meters: 7160, 7280-7295.
> > 20 Meters: 14286.
> > 10 Meters: 29000-29200.
> >
> >These commonly used frequencies can be good starting points. As
> >activity
> >grows, expand to other frequencies to prevent congestion and
> >excessively
> >large round tables. As always, PLEASE be considerate of existing
> > QSOs and
> >Nets, and ensure that the frequency is clear before calling "CQ,
> the
> >A.M.
> >Transmitter Rally".
> >
> >Points are to be awarded as follows:
> > a) 1 point for each station worked a specific band. If you work
> the
> >same
> >station on more than one band, you get 1 point for each band.
> >
> > b) 1 point for each state, country or Canadian Province worked.
> >
> >Note: Both you and the station with whom you are QSOing must be
> >using
> >AM.
> >
> >Logging
> > The following information must be included in your log for each
> >contact to
> > be counted:
> >
> > Time (local), Frequency, Call Sign, First Name, Their Location
> >(state is
> > OK), Their Equipment
> > Log Format: Each item should appear in a separate column, one line
> >per
> >contact.
> >
> >39608124.jpg
> >Template logs are here: www.classeradio.com/amtrlog.xls (excel)
> >www.classeradio.com/amtrlog.csv (csv)
> >
> >Please let us know about anything unusual or unique you hear and /
> [...]

FORWARDED from the FL Boatanchors Group on Yahoo.