[AMRadio] You must see this.

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:28:28 EST 2010

Okay Bob, well the ones I found were all old, probably from the 50s,
so that explains it.  Still, they looked good and for ham shack
purposes are probably FB.  BTW, if you go on eBay and look in the
category where these little tube amps are found (I forget where but if
you search something like Heathkit EA-2 or Heathkit EA-3 you may find
it) you'll see Bogens and Heathkits and other little class A p.p. mono
and dual channel amps going for $100 to several hundred dollars before
they even have any restoration work done on them, and these things
turn up at hamfests for well under $100.   The Heaths make great
starter projects because they are simple and have the good Heathkit
manuals, and are pretty easy to work on.   Those old vac. tube amps
were often designed to amplify photograph needle audio so they had
preamps built into them using 12AX7 or some other similar tube and are
just right for the low level product detector audio or can be bypassed
for the higher level of a low powered receiver audio output.  I
imagine this is probably all old news for most of you.

73

Rob
K5UJ