[AMRadio] More on "Electromagnetic Allergies"

sbjohnston at aol.com sbjohnston at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 15:07:49 EST 2010

>The cause of people hearing radio transmissions in their heads has
been
>traced to old school tooth fillings

I'm very familiar with detection of AM signals in tooth fillings and
the like, but that did not seem to be the mechanism at work in this
case.  I scanned the copy of the patent 3,393,279 I've had in my files
all these years so you can see what it is about:

http://www.wd8das.net/neurophoneRF.pdf

I noticed that the name on the patent and the material at
http://www.neurophone.com are the same, so they are certainly related.
I was mistaken in my earlier thought that they were different.  My
confusion came from the way he is now marketing the system as
"ultrasonic", rather than an RF technology.  At those frequencies
(20kHz-200kHz) it just depends on the medium involved (AC current thru
the body versus vibrations in the body versus electromagnetic field
passing thru the body) as to how you describe it.  Maybe it was easier
to avoid some regulations if it wasn't considered RF.

The digital modulation technique described on the website might be
related to his other patent, 3,647,970.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
Capital City Hamfest - Sat, Jan 23 - Madison, Wisconsin
http://www.wd8das.net/hamfest