[AMRadio] More on "Electromagnetic Allergies"

W1GOR W1GOR at Maine.RR.Com
Sun Jan 17 16:38:44 EST 2010

Steve,

There's nothing special about this circuit...  Circuit 7 is a phase-shift
oscillator, driving circuit 10, an RF amplifier that is Screen-Grid
modulated by circuit 19.  The thing that I find odd is that the RF Amplifier
is not 'tuned'... The plate circuit consisting solely of item 16, a
step-down transformer of some sort, that drives a step-up transformer (also
untuned) with a load resistor connected across it's secondary winding, then
to a pair of non-descript 'electrodes'.

Over all, it's quite crude... I'd be quite concerned about any degree of
heating that this RF generator might produce, modulated or unmodulated...
I've studied the information presented at neurophone.com...  Unfortunately,
the only conclusion I've arrived at is QUACKERY... Why use digital
modulation when mammals are analog in nature...?   It's been stated that one
could patent a ham sandwich if it was scientifically described.  Allowing
anyone to apply an electrode of this type to a person's head or spinal
column is ludicrous... Where are the lab trials on lower order animals..?
and if they were conducted, what were the scientific results..?

I've spent over twelve years working with Neuro-Psychologists and
Audiologists studying many areas of the human brain and the myriad ways that
the brain processes information, visual, auditory, tactile, and by direct
stimulation... We had never been presented with a device or methodology of
this nature...

If there is any real substance to this 'neurophone', I'd certainly like to
see some real, honest-to-goodness scientific evidence...

...Larry, W1GOR (Queens College, Department of Psychology, City University
of New York (CUNY), 1966 through 1979...)

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so
regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has
opened." --Alexander Graham Bell, American inventor