[AMRadio] MF-LF propogation

David Hollander n7rk at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 22:54:56 EST 2010

Jim is right on about the VLF stuff if you are bored or just want to do
something different.

I'm listening to VLF right now and am hearing quite a few NDB's out to
1000 miles where I have clear frequencies ( a problem between 200 and
400 kHz). The cndx are very good tonight.

I'm in Phoenix and the farthest  beacon I have heard in the past 30
minutes is YQK in Kenora, Ontario on 326 kHz. That 's about 2000 miles
from Phoenix which is my QTH.

I'm using my FT-1000MP and my 160/80/40 meter 72 ft vertical.

Use this web page to ID the NDB's

http://www.dxinfocentre.com/ndb.htm

It's all slow speed CW.

Have fun.

73,

Dave N7RK

Dave  N7RK          Boatanchors Home Page: http://members.cox.net/n7rk
Phoenix, Arizona         *DXCC Honor Roll*    *WAZ#22 - 75 Meter SSB*

ex-XE2/N7RK, N7RK/ZB2, VK2ERK, ZM0AJN, WB6NRK, WN6IWX

Boatanchor and Antique Radio Collector