[AMRadio] copper sheet

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Tue Jan 19 10:30:24 EST 2010

I'm not sure, but I seem to recall someone saying that copper flashing is
not the best thing to use, because it is not pure copper, but some kind of
alloy that combines the copper with another metal, and reduces conductivity.

It would probably still be better than something like brass or galvanised
steel.

Luckily, for my vertical antenna project I had some heavy gauge copper strap
about 2" wide. I salvaged it from some kind of rf transformers I picked from
a scrap pile.  Each one had a piece of strapping spirally wound, about 10'
long, which was used as the low-Z winding, while the high-Z winding was made
of copper tubing wound on a 6" mica form in solenoidal fashion.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/