[AMRadio] OT : Paid Hams during Drills

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Tue Jan 19 16:27:38 EST 2010

Brian on this one I kinda got to disagree with
you. Here in Mesquite our Fire Chief and our
Manager of preparedness are both Hams and by
current FCC regs are not allowed to participate in
any of our RACES or ARES drills or nets. All this
new proposal does is allow them to participate in
these events or in a case of an emergency
participate in there command center. As the rules
are now written they cannot pick up an Amateur
Radio mic in any type of drill... All of our
drills now are held at lunch hour when they are
not working or after duty time... We also have 3
police officers in the same situation... This is
not commercialization of Ham Radio at all...

Very Best 73's,
Bob W1PE
Mesquite,TX
http://www.w1pe.com