[AMRadio] OT : Paid Hams during Drills

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Tue Jan 19 17:55:33 EST 2010

Take this for what it is worth:

The state of Virginia has laws on the books, ever since I've lived here,
off and on since 1973.  To have Amateur Radio Plates on your vehicle,
you MUST KEEP THE RADIO SYSTEM IN YOUR VEHICLE.  IF YOU DO NOT FOR A
PERIOD EXCEEDING 30 DAYS, THEN THE PLATES MUST BE TURNED IN.

WHY?

To ALLOW LAW ENFORCEMENT TO USE YOUR MOBILE STATION IN THE EVENT OF AN
EMERGENCY.

The FCC rules are like a lot of things when it turns to crap.  They
become a sort of "guideline" and don't apply.

Don't believe it?  Go to the nearest military installation.  Go to the
Communications Office, (Radio - of course.), and you'll find that our
bands are ALREADY on the books with designated frequencies inside the
Amateur Radio Bands to be used under emergency.

Now this does not construe ANY Amateur Radio Operator being paid for the
use/using of the radio gear.

It is what it is!

ANYONE can pick up the microphone of a Law Enforcement Vehicle and call
for an officer down!  You'll NEVER be prosecuted for it!

Bob - N0DGN