[AMRadio] OT : Paid Hams during Drills

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Tue Jan 19 19:04:42 EST 2010

To answer your question YES in Mesquite. We have
the Police and Fire Corp were hams work alongside
the Police and Fire and have drills on the Police
and Fire Radios and Amateur. This is a very
progressive community.The city does own their own
gear for sure.Brian LOOK at VA.. Va has a Radio,
Amp and antenna in every hospital They have a VA
net weekly. Some VA centers do not have hams but
do have call signs and operate the net. The
Trustee of the station is responsible . They
operate just like the Red Cross and Salvation
Army.

Bob W1PE