[AMRadio] OT : Paid Hams during Drills

WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 19:28:09 EST 2010

You were right to shut down the repeater.  If it were an actual threat to
life or property, and their own equipment did not work, or not available,
they would been in the right, but not for a drill.  There is a story where 2
cops had used 2 meter HT's for a drug bust because they didn't figure the
dealers would think to listen to ham radio.  Guess who also got busted.