[AMRadio] MF-LF propogation

Nigel Holmes Holmes.Nigel at abc.net.au
Wed Jan 20 04:29:28 EST 2010

If you want to see what's offering in VK lf (maybe that should be VH) try this search engine in the ACMA Licence database:

http://web.acma.gov.au/pls/radcom/assignment_range.range_search

Plug in upper & lower values, set the frequency suffix (e.g. kHz) and look for possibilities in the Australian NDB arena.

Keep the search range small say 200-250, 250-300 kHz otherwise you'll get too many returns and the engine will sulk.

This covers all Australian frequency registrations including mf broadcast, hf on to infra-red (nearly).

Look at the "Assignment ID" to find freq, power & location info.

The usual VH NDB aerial is a "T" with 70' vertical loaded by a 200' flat-top. Powers range from 10 watts to several kW. Most will be phased out over the next 5 years.

73 Nigel VK3DZ