[AMRadio] QRM fron Neighbor's Security System

james.liles james.liles at comcast.net
Thu Jan 21 22:10:00 EST 2010

Hi Jim:
May have been a coincidence that the same home started radiating a sweep that behaves like spread spectrum 7.1mc to 8.5mc at the same time that the security/control system was installed.  I hate to knock on a neighbors door and ask to walk around with a probe looking for illegal or inappropriate sources of radio interference.  Don't know exactly how to do that but I will, and I'll verify the source, manufacture, and model of the rogue equipment.  Then I'll send a note to the FCC and copy this reflector with the response.  If they are willing to engage the problem, I'll apologize for inferring that they are driven by money alone and maybe enjoy the 40 meter band again.  Kindest regards Jim K9AXN