[AMRadio] 78 records

AirRadio AirRadio at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Jan 22 18:02:55 EST 2010

When I was a youngster my friend Paul had an old 78 player and a pile of
records, however his favourite was Jerry Lee Lewis 'Great balls of fire' he
used to play this on the old wind up player at around 08.00 in the morning
every day for months until it wore out, you could hear this echoing over the
neighbourhood for miles. Later we used this as the signature tune for our
pirate radio station at school, a proper AM transmitter with a 6V6 on the
output, my first transmitter project that acually worked! needless to say we
did get caught, thankfully by one of the masters and not the GPO (who would
have administered a fine of around £1000) Long time since I heard a real 78
playing., brings back some great memories just talking about it.  78's and
AM radio... now that's a fine brew.
73 Max M0GHQ/KJ4ISS