[AMRadio] frequency sweeper

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Fri Jan 29 09:46:52 EST 2010

I have to correct an earlier observation about this thing, with my SDR-IQ it
shows as pulsed, apparently it is not, I can get the same general apperance
by rapidly swishing the driver stage VFO, and that clearly is not pulsed.
the pulse appearance is likely in the signal processing or the video card.
That matches my observation of a clean note as it passes through a carrier.
and yes it is still going on, one sweep followed by a second, 15 to 20
seconds later, then a repeat in 15 to 30 minutes.  The strength does vary
here, so it probably is sky wave.  Bernie