[AMRadio] DX 60 mods

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Fri Jul 2 16:37:59 EDT 2010

  Plate modulation is indeed a "possible" path to take.

If so, then you must decide whether to "outboard" the plate tranny - OR
begin to hack up the DX-60.

Each follows their "own" path.

Personally I chose to go with NO plate modulation, leaving the radio as
controlled carrier.

I made some of the WC3K mods.  Then again, I also knew Bill personally
and made a number of trips to his "Laboratory"/Ham Shack.

I went to a TX-1 for a plate modulated Heath rig.

It was shortly followed by the addition of a BC-610.

Bob - N0DGN