[AMRadio] ART 13 help needed

hirokik at aol.com hirokik at aol.com
Thu Jul 29 15:56:20 EDT 2010

Dear Bill,

Thanks for the quick response. Here is my situation.
To date, I have restored a BC348Q feeding it with my own AC supply. It is working nicely.
For my ART-13 I have built an AC supply (1200 V, 400V and 28V DC output). I don't have a dynamotor but I have a U7 connector.
I have cleaned and replaced a few broken tubes and turned the auto-tuning manually which seems to be in good mechanical condition. So visually and mechanically the unit seems OK.  Now I am ready to fire it up and do a smoke test, but I am scared that I may blow up something. I can't figure out how to tune it to match a regular 50 ohm antenna or non-tuned wire antenna.
Although I have been a ham since 1957 and used to build my own transmitters with 807s and 6146s, but the ART13 looks such a complex and formidable beast.
Any help would be appreciated. Is it possible for me to call you and ask questions? My phone number (cell) is 415 713 0369.

I am 68 and retired. I am originally from the JA land but have been in this country longer that I spent in JA.

73 and many thanks,

Hiroki AH6CY