[AMRadio] ART 13 help needed

Bill Beech (NJ7P) nj7p at nj7p.org
Thu Jul 29 17:09:18 EDT 2010

Hiroki,

Tried to call but got voice mail.  Do you have all the manuals on the
ART-13?  Here are links to what I have:

Radio Transmitter AN/ART-13 and 13A, AN 16-30ART13-4, 13 April 1951
<http://bisbee/Human_Valid.php?m=Common/Manuals/PDFs/Military/AN%2016-30ART13-4%2013%20Apr%2051%20NJ7P%20AS.pdf>
Radio Transmitter Channel Card, ART-13B, 1950
<http://bisbee/Human_Valid.php?m=Common/Manuals/PDFs/Military/ART-13B%20Channel%20Card%201950%20WA5CAB%20AS.pdf>
Radio Transmitter Channel Card ART-13, 1944
<http://bisbee/Human_Valid.php?m=Common/Manuals/PDFs/Military/ART-13%20Channel%20Card%20KG7BZ%20KAS.pdf>
Radio Transmitter CDA-T Conversion (ART-13A to ART-13B), 1950
<http://bisbee/Human_Valid.php?m=Common/Manuals/PDFs/Military/CDA-T%20Conversion%201950%20WA5CAB%20AS.pdf>
Radio Transmitter Calibration Book AN/ART-13, EO 35AD-5ART13-2D, 21
April 1961
<http://bisbee/Human_Valid.php?m=Common/Manuals/PDFs/Military/EO%2035AD-5ART13-2D%2021%20Apr%2061%20NJ7P%20AS.pdf>
Radio Transmitter AN/ART-13B, NAVWEPS 16-30ART13-5, 15 July 1954
<http://bisbee/Human_Valid.php?m=Common/Manuals/PDFs/Military/NAVWEPS%2016-30ART13-5%2015%20Jul%2054%20KG7BZ%20KAS.pdf>

These manuals cover all the setup and tuning of the transmitter.  It
tunes up quite easily but is not the same as my old pi-network
transmitters.  It also is not built to match 50 ohm loads.  It was
designed to load into a wire antenna of a particular length and used the
aircraft fuselage as the counterpoise.  The wire lengths and preset
information are all in the manuals.  Schematics are in the manuals.

The transmitter is forgiving - an 813 running only at 100 watts...  I
used a 100 watt incandescent light bulb as a dummy load and it lights to
full brilliance.

I am 60 and also retired.  More time for toys.

73,
Bill, NJ7P