[AMRadio] Introduction and parts needed T-350-XM

Bob Deuel k2glo at jkasystems.com
Sat Jul 31 13:41:45 EDT 2010

Oh yes..... The good 'ole Techrad T-350-XM. There are not too many of those
transmitters still left around. I understand that many were converted local
government use after the war and have long since been scraped out. I have a
complete one in my garage that years ago I started to restore the MO deck
and never finished. It is still on my someday project list. I wish I had the
companion speech amplifier that went with it but no such luck.  However, I
do have a military speech amplifier that is very similar to the original
speech amplifier circuit-wise. A number of years ago, I visited the
gentleman who engineered the T-350-XM (his name escapes me at the moment).
He still lived in San Francisco and he had some interesting stories to tell
about about the manufacture of that transmitter. One story was about the
variable capacitors. They had a contract to purchase their variable
capacitors from a major manufacturer and that manufacturer could not supply
them because of other pressing war time contract obligations so Techrad
manufactured the variable capacitors in that unit themselves. He let me
borrow his T-350-XM manual which I photocopied and returned. He also had two
plate transformers in his storage unit that sold to me. They are big and
heavy! I can provide you with a photocopy of the manual if you need one.
Good luck with your project and maybe someday we will be able to make a
T-350-XM to T-350-XM QSO. Bob de K2GLO