[AMRadio] RCA BTA 500MX

Pat & Rich McKinney pmcknney at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 3 16:26:12 EDT 2010

DE WB4VFN RICH
I'm about to get an RCA BTA 500MX  that once was the voice of Renfro Valley Ky.  I have been helping a friend that has it now and is about to give it to me.  We have been working thru many problems in the past months.  I was wondering if anyone has completed converting one to 160 meters and if so were you able to use the factory output network.  Hope to get the old thing working again and any help appreciated.  I am using on AM now a BC 669B that I had fun restoring and now getting good reports on the air.  73 Rich