[AMRadio] WTB - MURCH UT-2000A

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Sat Jun 12 18:22:36 EDT 2010

I don't care if Marconi himself designed it.

It will NOT tune a BC-610 to ANY antenna!

Even after setting the BC-610 to the 400W ME-165G 50 ohm dummy load
first.  It would melt the final before it managed to "match" anything.
250THs don't grow on trees!

I have the manual.  I have checked it against the schematic in the manual.

I'd take one of the Heath tuners, the high power ones, ANY day over the
Murch!

I don't know how long others have been at this, but that has been my
experience since 1980!  There is equipment, then there is purported
"ultimate" that is nothing but junk.

Bob - N0DGN