[AMRadio] The Higher Bands are already Hot this Morning

manualman at juno.com manualman at juno.com
Sat Jun 19 15:37:28 EDT 2010

The problem , at least at my location here in NJ, when the band really
opens up good across a big portion of the country, and a bunch of people
are all calling CQ on 50.4, all I hear are heterodynes. And, if the SSB
crowd hasn't moved up to 50.2 MHz during a band opening, I call CQ on AM
there. Generally get a response; sometimes on SSB, but most are willing
to flip the switch or push the AM button, to make the contact. When the
band opens up between two locations, and you and several other AM
stations in your area, who you might not hear, are all on the same
frequency calling CQ, the station at the other end probably is hearing
all of the them as one big heterdyne.

Pete, wa2cwa