[AMRadio] 10 meters

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Sun Jun 20 08:27:22 EDT 2010

yep, the Higher bands are open, ten yesteray evening had more beacons than I
have ever heard.  But, I have no idea what sort of operation is going on!!
heard no AM so went to ssb, worked a fla station  that would not say more
than five or six words, then nothing. another w2ggi, was calling cq or qrz,
he would come back with w8r??  your 5x9 missed your name and qth, then next
exchange would be thanks, qrz!!.   I hope that as more do move up to ten
this sillyness will abate.   Yes, I do undestand that some may be new and
not  comfortable, so I do try and draw them out with the usual questions,
antenna, gear, weather, what are you hearing etc etc.  but it just does not
seem to work on ten.  Bernie W8RPW