[AMRadio] Antennas

Brian - KF5CCN bzwiener at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 21 08:56:30 EDT 2010

I have a Carolina Windom Dipole I use on AM and SSB, oriented with ends N/S at about a 30 deg. downward slope and ends 4 ft. above ground. I get good reception and coverage all around the compass. But on AM I seem to be week on AM toward Dallas and Oklahoma. I "boom in" on 75 meters in Dallas, OK, LA, MS, and other states.
Is there a particular antenna and/or antenna configuration that is more effective on AM? I know RF is RF, but, I am still learning.

Thanks and 73
Brian/KF5CCN