[AMRadio] AM on Ants(forgot to ID)

CL in NC mjcal77 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 14:04:54 EDT 2010

(forgot to ID myself)

Also, if you are using controlled carrier AM modulation, your unmodulated low power AM carrier may be down in the mud, but your fully modulated signal is very easily heard.  Sometimes the receiving end will complain about signal strength, and I think this has more to do with the type of detector in the RX, where the carriers only function is to charge the RC circuit after the detector.  Controlled carrier can sometimes sound like SSB, and I used to get told all the time, when using a DX60 on 20 meters, and phasing type SSB rigs where still abundant, that my carrier was not nulled out completely.

Charlie W4MEC, in NC