[AMRadio] AM on Ants(forgot to ID)

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Jun 21 14:24:57 EDT 2010

de N0DGN,

First, a DX-60 will drive a pair of 3-500Zs with a carrier of almost 300W.

It isn't important whether a SSB station mumbles about the carrier not
being nulled out.  An AM rig is "supposed" to have a carrier.

Then the antenna issue is dependent on whether the limits of property
size, tree height, and or tower/pole height aren't always what is the
most desirable.

If one can't afford a tower, try to contact the local power company.
See if you can get a "used" pole.  sometimes when they do have them, you
can get them to either drop it off,, OR if you talk "real" nice, they'll
bore the hole and set it for you.

Bob - N0DGN