[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 08:58:07 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 7:03 AM, Bry Carling <bcarling at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> We should try to get them to include language stating that AM may
> be used ANYWHERE that other amplitude modulated telephony modes
> such as SB are allowed,

This is easily covered by using the term 'phone' rather than
separating AM and trying to make it some 'specialty' that somehow
deserves special treatment or special frequencies. The more we try to
stand out, the easier we make it for others to make AM some kind of
exception.

After all, SSB is really just reduced AM, filtering the carrier and
one sideband. Phone is fone is phone.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ/4