[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

Jim Tonne tonne at comcast.net
Sat Mar 6 14:02:38 EST 2010

Steve wrote in part:

> Now in early 2010 that amount of time has passed and the
> IARU plan is under review - interesting.

ARRL is publishing stuff about AM.  This
must mean they are not against it.  And if
that's the case then they had better not argue
in favor of 3 kc bandwidth limitation.  That
would like shooting themselves in the foot.

It is my understanding that some one of the
"biggies" in the ARRL argued for a 1500
watt PEP limitation and got that through
the FCC.  I think this was the same fellow
that wanted a 3 kc bandwidth limitation.

And having a single frequency (for
example 3885) for AM is the height of
stupidity.

This kind of thinking has got to come to a
halt!

- JimT   W4ENE