[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

Larry D. Barr, K5WLF k5wlf at rebelwolf.com
Mon Mar 8 00:34:18 EST 2010

I'll probably word it about like that. I'm in the process of getting my
response together and since I'm a firm believer in "call it like you see
it" it'll be exactly what I think. Might not make me many friends in
Newington. <G>

The ARRL seems to be pushing digital modes and contesting and leaving us
AMers hanging out to dry. It's time to push back. To let them know that
we will no longer permit them to marginalize us. We are simply another
mode of phone operation, and entitled to the same consideration,
acceptance and respect as any other mode.

Without AM, there would be no other phone modes, because they're all
derived from AM. SSB is simply AM with some of its parts cut off.

Let's stand up for our mode, my fellow AMers. Don't just send your
comments to the published email addy, but send them individually to each
member of the Band Plan Committee as well. If we're going to save our
mode, we have to fight for it. Let us not lose it because of apathy.

Yeah, I'm an ARRL appointee, but that doesn't mean I agree with
everything they do. I'll go to war to save our mode, and if they want my
position over it, they're welcome to it.

73,
ldb
--
Larry D. Barr, K5WLF