[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Mon Mar 8 16:20:48 EST 2010

Larry/NE1S wrote:

 But many of us enjoy listening to, and transmitting, full-fidelity
> audio. The human voice DOES sound better (to our ears, at least) when we
> do this. And if there is room on the band when we choose to operate, why
> the heck shouldn't we?
>
> 73,
> -Larry/NE1S

Try reading Part 97! It says not to use more bandwidth than necessary. And
6KC is all that is necessary for AM. We are not supposed to be pretending we
are AMBC station. I know some people try.

I just went through Part 97. There is no differentiation between AM and SSB.
It just uses the word PHONE. As far as I know both AM and SSB are A3E
modulation.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ
Seattle, Wa.