[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Mar 8 17:28:46 EST 2010

My fau paux!

It is setting the Modulator bias.  The manual says 40ma.  I usually have
to dial it down a bit, or REALLY run the audio gain down a good bit.

Both my BC-610 and my T-213 put 400W out on pure carrier.

So I have to keep from "letting the horse run!".  I didn't know what the
"actual" PEP out was until I bought the peak reading Bird.

It was a Holy Sh** moment!  I was a pumping 2500W PEP!  I *knew* without
question that it was going to draw attention, no matter how clean the
signal was!

So like those that run Commercial Broadcast Transmitters, I have to run
herd over both of them.

This Fall makes 30 yrs of being licensed.  I got the AM bug when I bid
on the Club's HT-37/SX-101A/with a Shure-737A.

I kept that setup until the late '80s.  I let it go to a school for
their science class.

It took tears before I found another Shure-737A.  I didn't give a big
hunk for it.  Now I see that these 1954 animals are going for around
$350!  They are interesting on the inside.  There is an actual large
crystal that has gold plating on both sides, anchored on one end, while
the diaphragm is attached to a lever  that flexes the crystal.

I sure hope the school got its use out of the old station!

Bob - N0DGN