[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:35:33 EST 2010

Hi Brent: yes I agree. since getting the SDR, now about two mo ago, I see
things I never knew were there. probably repeating,  but the better sounding
AM needs about 4 to 4.5 each side if the receiver can handle that, a lot  do
not. that is just one reason why I stay out of the 3880 area unless a period
of low activity.  I was on 3715 last night for about 2.5 hours and ssb
started to move in on both sides. I think AMers are much more aware of
bandwidth and common courtesy than a lot of ssb. I watch the display and
look for a spot that is open for 10 kc, or hopefully more.  there is a group
that will fire up frequently on 3710 that clearly does not give a damn.
they send photos and it is full modulation of the entire bandwidth they are
using, about 3 kc, the rx does not like that as much as just ssb. I listened
a few days ago to see just who they were, never heard a call sign, however,
when talking to each other they used the names BUGGER and LIZARD.  Again,
yes, I do have my prejudices, but it made me wonder just what sort of photos
they were sending, they were talking about a girl with tattoos at one point.
At the risk of being told I have an attitude problem, I would likely find a
way to QRT if I got a call from BUGGER or mad dog or similar.    Bernie