[AMRadio] AM IARU Region 2 Bandplan

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 12:10:43 EST 2010

Jim,

I understand what the rules mean, however is seems that some folks feel
that the entire emission from AM DSB is 3Kc.

I just wanted to "clearly" tell it how it is.

What it comes down to, an AM DSB *WILL* exceed 6Kc.  That would even be
if each sideband is limited to 3Kc in width.  This is due to the
beginning od the modulation, if at 300cps, would be separated from the
carrier by at LEAST that much.

I have also posted, with regard to the BC-610s and T-213s, that their
audio chains pass about an extra 100cps per sideband.

One also has to keep in mind that these were NEVER intended for use
outside the military.

I wonder what the T-368s do, as they replaced the T-213s in the last
version that went out in the communications package.

I do not like to assume!  We all know where THAT goes.

Bob - N0DGN