[AMRadio] FW: Radio Broadcast magazine from 1922 to 1930

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Fri Mar 12 15:29:24 EST 2010

I have skimmed through the 1922 and 23 issues.  These are a real treasure
trove of information and early history of radio.  Some of the technical
topics are still of pertinence to-day.  There are topics of interest not
only to broadcast listeners, but amateurs as well, including transmitter
principles and circuits.  Many photos of early broadcast stations,
transmitters, antennas and a few ham  stations. Some detailed articles
regarding patents and copyright, including what appears to be the same exact
royalty issue as the one being debated to-day regarding broadcasters playing
records over the air.

These PDFs average about 9 MB per issue, and my computer loads each one in
less than 15 seconds.  I plan to get them all on disc ASAP, since anything
on a website may be taken down at any moment without notice, particularly if
someone raises a copyright issue, they experience technical difficulty, or
the web site owner may just decide to be ornery.  The person who went to the
trouble to scan those issues should be congratulated because the quality is
excellent.  Much better than that of the early QSTs on my ARRL CD set.

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/