[AMRadio] Buzzies and hash all over the spectrum

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:44:01 EDT 2010

I have been saying  for the past six months or so that about the only
solution to the appliance RFI problem is every man for himself, i.e.
put up a low noise rx antenna, employ a phase shifting nulling box on
receive, and forget QRP or even 100 w.  Everyone has to raise the
desired signal level by running legal limit.  The unintended
consequence of the FCC blowing off their duty to enforce RFI
suppression in consumer products is simply that everyone will start
running a lot more power on transmit to get over the high noise floor.
 If that causes more RFI _to_ part 15 devices too bad for them.  FCC
should have thought of this before they let big product manufacturers
and vendors have their way.  This QRM has to be dealt with the same
way SSB QRM is dealt with--more power, bigger antennas, more audio.

Rob
K5UJ