[AMRadio] Buzzies and hash all over the spectrum

Bill McCourt - WF1L wemccourt at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 12:04:20 EDT 2010

Interesting paper Steve.  It just goes to show that people are becoming more   "Penny-wise and pound foolish".  Cheap electronic crap will continue to bedevil us all until it becomes such a problem that broadcasters can't send enough signal to their consumers for reliable reception.

Cheap electronics has been an issue with my ham radio station.  Every time I get on 6M, my neighbor calls because the cheap TV in her bedroom has a built in detector in it (probably a cold solder joint) that rectifys my audio and then injects it, uncontrolled, into the audio amp portion of the set so my audio blasts out of the speakers and is uncontrollable except by shutting off the set or my going off the air.  You can guess what avenue I take in order to maintain peace in the neighborhood.

Bill-WF1L

I did a study of the noise problems for FM broadcast reception due to
locally-generated noise.  You guys might find it interesting as it
really applies to the whole spectrum (I just needed to focus on our
industry in particular). I've posted a copy of the resulting paper on
my website at

http://www.wd8das.net/IndoorRadioNoise/IndoorRadioNoise-paper.pdf

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com