[AMRadio] ILL LEGAL STUFF ON E BAY

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Tue Mar 16 20:03:46 EDT 2010

I bought an FM transmitter off ebay about 10 years ago.
Its not 30 watts, but its got a big heat sink.
I put an antenna on the roof and use it to broadcast the receivers so I can
wonder around and listen while I hit the can, brew some tea, etc.

There are a LOT of FM transmitters on ebay, all sorts of power levels, and I
don't think its any less legal to buy a 30 watt FM transmitter then it is to
buy a 1000 watt AM broadcast transmitter.....

If you was to broadcast 30 watts with a good antenna, the FCC would likely
be around before long.

Brett