[AMRadio] Broadcast stuff

Brett Gazdzinski Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net
Fri Mar 19 20:42:17 EDT 2010

I think it will go away faster then most people think.
The 4G and above  stuff is going to replace fios, cable, and dsl.
My company has stopped the fios builds and will likely switch to wireless.
You can get something like 340Mbps over wireless now.
That is a lot of bandwidth, with almost no infrastructure, no cables on
poles, no fiber, no high power broadcasting.
Almost every station on the air streams the programs on the web, and most
younger people listen/watch that way.
I think the FCC is a VERY small department of the government, and likely
does not care about anything as long as nothing interferes with mil traffic
or cell phone stuff.

We are just seeing the start of devices that will receive radio and TV
shows, like the iphone and so on....

Brett