[AMRadio] RETRO 75 Build

LEE BAHR pulsarxp at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 19 22:02:20 EDT 2010

I have about 2/3 of the receiver built up on my Small Wonder RETRO 75 AM QRP
transceiver.  That maybe is around 80 parts mounted so far.

So far, no missing parts and it is going together without a hitch.  I did
substitute machine grade IC sockets, gold plated, instead of using the
stamped ones supplied with the kit.

Anyone interested in the kit, the kit is a board only kit.  You have to
supply the cabinet, pots, jacks, knobs, etc.  I am making a case for it out
of PC board material as I did for the Ft Tuthill 80 CW transceiver I just
built.  That case came out looking beautiful.  Building your own case allows
one to size the cabinet to the PC board.

For a mic I am going to try a $11.00 Cobra dynamic CB mic readily available
on E-bay.

All the parts supplied seem to be first class.

73,

Lee, w0vt
Houston