[AMRadio] Broadcast stuff

Brian Zwiener bzwiener at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 20 00:05:23 EDT 2010

Not "any place"

--- On Fri, 3/19/10, Brett Gazdzinski <Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net> wrote:

From: Brett Gazdzinski <Brett.Gazdzinski at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Broadcast stuff
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service" <amradio at mailman.qth.net>
Date: Friday, March 19, 2010, 10:32 PM

Well, looking at how things have gone, I expect everything to be wireless
and IP based a lot faster than people think.
I have been installing stuff at customers that is 3g based, routers with
antenna's.

Soon, maybe a LOT of old (and not so old) broadcast rigs will be avalable.

This hoses up a lot of things, cable TV, sattelite radio and TV, broadcast
anything.
When you think of it, what is up with ham radio, two guys trying to work
each other with qsb, qrm, using expensive equipment, big antenna's,
towers,etc, when you could do voice and video over the internet on a cheap
laptop or an I phone...on the beach, in the den, on a train, anyplace...

Crazy world...

Brett