[AMRadio] mods.dk and Heath info

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sat Mar 20 10:39:33 EDT 2010

>From my memory there was only $5000 involved in this transaction and the
contract was questionable.  I had a friend deeply involved in the manual
business who had a couple of guys run at him with a similar claim.  The
copyright attorney he talked to told him to forget these claims for
Heath manuals as they were groundless.

The problem now in the US is that kind of claim will require defense in
court if the person who claim they hold the copyrights decided to file a
suit.  BAMA provided those manuals for free and as such has no stake in
whether the claimant is correct or not.  Who wants to pay a lawyer to
provide something free?

It is my understanding some of those manuals copyright date are expired
and were not grandfathered into the new law and others, as I say, are
questionable.

Jim/W5JO