[AMRadio] mods.dk and Heath info

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 10:41:52 EDT 2010

On 3/20/2010 8:55 AM, CL in NC wrote:
>   Let's hope he is not after Collins
No worries there, Charlie.  Rockwell Collins took a different approach
to supporting it's vintage equipment - the following is from
www.collinsradio.org:

The Collins Collectors Association is licensed by Rockwell Collins "to
reproduce and disseminate in electronic and written format, any such
Collins copyrighted documents related to Collins amateur radio products.
Such documents include, but are not limited to, product manuals,
schematics, test methods, service bulletins, advertising materials,
product catalogs, maintenance information and other technical and
product information related to Collins amateur radio products."
Rockwell extended the license agreement in 2001 to include all Collins
Commercial and Military equipment that can be used for amateur radio
purposes.  The quality of the scanned manuals is excellent, and if you
need a Collins document that's not already posted, my buddy and Archives
Manager Larry,  WA9VRH,  will do everything possible to make it available.

That seems to me how it should be, but obviously each company has
control of it's own intellectual property rights.  The challenge for
those who purchase such rights is the cost of legal action needed to
enforce them.

73, Bob W9RAN