[AMRadio] Broadcast stuff

Robert Nickels ranickel at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 14:33:52 EDT 2010

On 3/20/2010 11:08 AM, sbjohnston at aol.com wrote:

> But I'm worried that in the future the hams will be greatly inhibited
> by the rising noise levels.

True, but it's not just hams who are affected - elevation of the noise
level affects all services, including digital ones.  Already the "QRM"
in the ISM bands, including 2.4 ghz is often the reason for users to
move elsewhere, which usually means even more frequencies ultimately
become unusable.  Rational and proactive steps to address these issues
will be far more effective in the end.  I applaud all efforts to that
end, including those like the recent approval for adding technical
expertise to the FCC staff to help them do a better job of regulation
and policy-making.

Spectrum pollution isn't much different than any other form of
pollution, and I'm reminded of the popular bumper sticker when I lived
in a Mississippi River town:   "We can't all live upstream!"

73, Bob W9RAN