[AMRadio] Need BC-1G 833 Tube Socket

Bernie Doran qedconsultants at embarqmail.com
Mon Mar 22 19:59:09 EDT 2010

Hi Bob.  if that is all it is, it is almost too easy, forget the broken
thumb screw, go to the local hardware or NAPA or? and get a 6 32 tap and
proper size drill and just drill and tap a new hole somewhere and use a 6 32
screw ( of any type)  if you are fussy use a allen head, then if you are
like me you forget where you put the allen wrenchs when you need them.
However, I have now solved that problem, I have so much crap duplicated and
lost that I can now find anything anytime.    The other thing, if stripped
you can probably run the next size right in the same hole.  back when,
someone had some brains, that is why there are 6/32, 8/32 and 10/32 threads.
I am almost positive that those are 6/32 so just run in an 8/32 tap and use
the larger screw.   you will need a tap holder also and just be careful
starting it and back it out a bit every half turn or so.  If repair of a BIG
AM xmter is not part of this group, then I do not know what is.  Bernie
qedconsultants at embarqmail.com